Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Animal House


Animal House



Sure not exactly an Oscar winning Best Picture movie, but I like it and was in the mood for it. So, I decided to sit down and watch it. Not like I had anything better to do.

Title: Animal House

Length: 1:49

In What room I watched it in: Living Room

Who I’m watching it with: Myself

Reason I bought the DVD: Going into freshman year of college and felt I had to. First time I watched this particular DVD was my first night at Penn State

15 word plot summary: College fraternity goes on double secret probation. Toga! Road Trip! Food King! Shout! Parade mayhem

Awesomest Character: John Belushi as John “Bluto” Blutarsky.

Every scene this guy is in is hilarious. Between the food fight scene in the cafeteria, his zit impersonation, dancing at the toga party, and his famous speech to fire up the frat, he is awesome!

Favorite Quote: “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! No!” John Belushi

Random actor: A Tie!!!! Kevin Bacon as Chip Diller and Bruce McGill as D-Day. Bacon is literally the last name in the opening credits. This is his first credit on IMDB and is the pledge for the rival fraternity who tortures the Animal House guys, he says “Thank you sir, may I have another,” while being paddled on the behind and at the end is squashed by a hoard of people.

Yes sir may I have another

Bruce McGill is random because he is in like every movie nowadays and is pretty recognizable. As the bike-riding D-Day he is a central member of the Delta house. You may remember McGill from such films as Black Sheep, Cinderella Man and Collateral. Pretty Random.

Me and my mustache are so random

Do they say the title in the movie: The theme song to the movie says Animal House over and over again.

Best Scene: There are a lot of them, but I have to pick one. I’m going to go with the scene where they want Flounder to shoot the horse with the gun filled with blanks and he shoots the gun in the air and the horse has a heart attack…hilarious.

When will I feel the need to watch it again: Usually watch this movie every few months…it’s so funny.

Best IMDB fact:. To prepare for their roles, the actors playing the Deltas went to a real frat party at the University of Oregon's SAE house (except Belushi who was working on "SNL" that night). The real fraternity members did not like the actors being there and a brawl ensued. When John Belushi returned to the set and heard about the fight, he had to be physically restrained from seeking revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment